Tuesday, June 27, 2023

God is Good...All the Time!




Dear Readers (or just me someday in the future),

In my last post, I was feeling despair after having lost the job I had maintained for ten years.  But the despair was not so much a woe is me as much as I lamented about not having prepared for the end of employment.  I fully trusted God to open the door to a new opportunity and He did!

I owe much praise to my Father above Who goes before me and also to my earthly father who has some amazing connections in this city.  It was at a function he attended that he struck up a conversation with a local business owner.  She said something that resonated with my dad, who then shared that statement with me: "It's not what you know, but who you know" that started a chain of events that floored me.  Within a few days of that conversation at a unrelated function, I found myself gainfully employed - with benefits!  

Most of you know that I have been struggling keeping my medical care stable with ObamaCare options and have often complained that I really needed to secure a job with benefits in order to drop what I have.  In about a month, I will be able to do just that!  To say I am grateful is an understatement.  Humbled?  Yes.  Relieved?  You bet!  So far, the best outcome is that I am no longer stressed to the point of raising my blood pressure.  My anxiety is also lessened and I am finally excited to come to work and tackle what lays before me.  I no longer had excitement with my former job - mostly due to the stress and anxiety that were covering me daily.

Do I hold animosity towards my old team?  Nope.  It just comes to the fact that we had different views of direction that was being taken and I voiced concerns that they did not share or want to discuss.  That's okay.  I'm better for having had the experiences there and I have skills that I did not have before.  Skills that can still be useful in my current job or beyond.  Nothing to be negative about.  I do still have moments where I feel concern for them and such, but then I let go and take another step forward - no looking back.

Be blessed and be a blessing.  

~ Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment