What Joy Divine


The span from May to August is significant and there have been some life events that deserve noting, so here we go...

- Memorial Day weekend was a great time to have quick visit with Kimmie & Dustin, but we did not get as much accomplished as I had hoped and I encouraged the two of them to work on their own to address some projects before I returned for 4th of July holiday. 

- June flew by but it was full of birthdays and other celebrations too. Work was going swimmingly well for me and I celebrated by 3rd year with the company at the end of May (5/29/26). I started a purging project at my house going through old papers and other items too. It felt great to clean up the clutter on my kitchen table and various other locations in my small abode. [And, so far, I have managed to keep it that way]

- July was equally full. First was the 250th birthday of our great country and another quick trip to visit Kimmie and Dustin in Jacksonville, TX. I splurged and got a hotel since I still have reservations about staying in their trailer after the mice encounters in April. This trip was a bit labor intensive as I had a filing cabinet for Kimmie to use for documents they should keep on hand as well as for her sub teaching assignments and other items. Later in the month, on 7/22, I celebrated my 59th trip around the sun - and this one hit differently as it was the first after my breast cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatments. As part of my birthday celebration, Kimmie and I made a three-day trip to Fort Worth, Texas to experience The Stockyards and some good Texas food. We even made a stop at the Fort Worth Zoo! Dustin & Kimmie also officially adopted a one-year old beagle named Maybella and had her spayed at the end of July.

That brings me to August, and it is nearly half way over! The excitement in the office is building for the company's annual summer bash, which is always great fun. Yes, it will be HOT for sure but I will sit in shade or under fans. I also had my first mammogram since having surgery to remove the cancer and got an 'all clear' report yesterday. To say that I am relieved is perhaps premature since I am being followed by doctors for at least 7 years and it is the norm to truly not announce cancer-free fully until that mark in time. I am trusting the Great Physician for continued mercy and healing (my body is still sore in places and more sensitive in others) as well as being hopeful for continued good reports as it pertains to all the care I receive medically. So, what I can say is about the report yesterday is: WHAT JOY DIVINE!! Leaning into my faith and holding to my Savior is the posture I find myself and those three words flow melodically in my heart and soul. Here are the words to the hymn you may also know very well:

v1 What a fellowship, what a joy divine,

leaning on the everlasting arms;

what a blessedness, what a peace is mine,

leaning on the everlasting arms.

v2 O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,

leaning on the everlasting arms;

O how bright the path grows from day to day,

leaning on the everlasting arms. [Refrain]

Refrain

Leaning, leaning,

safe and secure from all alarms;

leaning, leaning,

leaning on the everlasting arms.

v3 What have I to dread, what have I to fear,

leaning on the everlasting arms?

I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,

leaning on the everlasting arms. [Refrain]

Until next update...

Be Blessed & Be A Blessing,

W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Words Are Powerful

Reflection: New Adventures

I'm Still Here (but my old blog disabled)