Watching Love Grow
Having spent the Labor Day holiday with Dustin & Kimmie, and Maybella, too, I realized after unpacking and recovering from the overflow of love that these two beautiful souls have been married for NINETEEN MONTHS as of this month (officially on 9/15/26)! Oh my goodness, that seems so impossible and yet not. Over the few days that I spent with them, I observed their mutual respect for one another, their commitment to make decisions together, and their affection for each other. Have they mastered marriage? Show me someone who has, but I'd say they are making solid efforts to build a strong marriage that will weather any storm regardless of how things might appear. One thing that they have going for them is their strong faith in God as the center of their relationship as husband and wife - which is something many fail to prioritize when starting out in marriage. I'm so thankful that both Dustin and Kimmie developed individual faith walks with Jesus Christ, which only helped them as they began navigating life as a couple.
Kimmie had some big hurdles in her life after the divorce, especially when it came to believing that love lasts and that she could trust her heart to someone. There were many times where, early in the relationship - even as just friends, that she would doubt Dustin would stick around. Thankfully, he and I had conversations many times about that and he assured me he was not going anywhere. Just took Kimmie a bit longer to believe that herself - but abandonment leaves a deep scar and severe issues with trust. I am truly thankful that Kimmie has moved past the hurt and allowed herself to be loved as she should be.
Maybella has made them so happy - a source of constant laughter and unconditional love most certainly. She takes flying leaps into the recliner and into the lap of whomever is there, followed by relentless puppy kisses (or bath - depending on ones perspective). I think the only thing she is lacking is a cape!
Hard to believe Kimmie & Dustin will soon celebrate two years of marriage - can't wait to see how they continue to grow in faith and love as the years tick by.
Until next time -
Be Blessed & Be A Blessing,
W



Comments
Post a Comment